All parents of Freshwater students are members of the Freshwater Community Club, and are encouraged to attend our monthly meetings on Zoom. We welcome everyone to attend monthly meetings and to share your ideas and take an active role in planning events and fundraisers for our school.
What is Community Club?
Freshwater Community Club is similar to PTA/PTO, but without membership dues! Community Club sponsors many school events throughout the year, supports various school programs, and makes donations and purchases to enrich our students and our school.
Consider being a Room Parent for your child’s classroom! As a Room Parent, you will help your child’s teacher plan class parties and communicate with other parents when help is needed. Room Parents act as the liaison between their child’s class and Community Club. Room Parents are highly encouraged to attend Community Club Meetings. It’s a FUN and EASY way to get involved and help your child’s class!
Community Club Sponsored Events:
PLEASE NOTE: These past few years have brought a great deal of changes and we are working to adapt these events into activities that are safe and welcoming to everyone. Community Club would be happy to hear your creative suggestions!
- Back to School Night – First Week of School
- All School Picnic – Second Friday after school begins
- Halloween/Fall Alternative – Last Friday in October
- Family Fun Nights – Held throughout the year
- Holiday Boutique – Normally the First Friday in December
- Dolphin Dash – Normally Third Friday in April
- Staff Appreciation Week – First or Second Week of May Each Year
- Open House – Middle of May Each Year
- End of the Year Picnics
Community Club Donations & Purchases:
- Musical Instruments Swimming Lessons for 2nd & 5th Grades
- Staff Appreciation Day Gifts (12) 8’ tables for events
- Foss Science Kits Welcoming Garden Bed
- 6th Grade Promotion Flowers Concrete Picnic Tables
- Campus Track Gymnasium Sound System
- 8th Grade Graduation Flowers Classroom Party Boxes
- Scoreboard in gym Gym Support
- 300 chairs for gym Garden of the Dolphins
- Conference Room Makeover Stage Curtains
- Orff Musical Instruments Concrete Benches in front of school
- Playground Equipment for Primary and Upper Grade Playgrounds
- Visual Performing Arts Program ~ 2010 through 2014
- Kindergarten Playground ~ September 1, 2015
- Painting of US Map on Playground Area (to be redone soon)
- Honored numerous Teacher Requests throughout the past years
With your support and wonderful ideas, we look forward to doing much more! Thank you for supporting Freshwater Community Club! Be sure to Like Us and Follow Us on Facebook: Freshwater Community Club